- a raddichio fair when the entire main square was covered with a carpet of this prized local vegetable and we were able to sample such delights as raddichio cheese, raddichio wine and even raddichio gelato!
- an open-air nativity play with real animals a la The Vicar of Dibley!
- a huge outdoor playpen for babies and toddlers featuring more toys than I have ever seen in one place.
- an Austrian wurst market.
- a skating rink.
- a picturesque Slovakian Christmas market with the best gingerbread I have ever tasted.
- a fruit and vegetable carving expo.
I've included some photos with this blogpost and you can see more here.